Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fairy tale knits....

Greetings!

There are many craft books available in the market. As a beginner it's quite confusing which book to buy, where to buy etc.. Even I have no idea about many things, so I decided to blog about some books that I like and the books which I have already tried. So that this information might help those who are looking for craft books. 

Today I will be talking about Fiona Goble's 'Fairy Tale Knits'. I bought this book one and half years ago from the UC DAVIS book store. When I saw the book first, I was not impressed. I went home with out buying the book. But could not take my mind off from this book. I kept thinking about the characters in the book. After thinking and rethinking, I felt indeed, this book is quite good. I love to knit in sets. Each story comes with three or four dolls. Well, 'Beauty lies in the eyes of a beholder', I realized it quite late. After two days when I went to the same book store, someone else had bought the book. Since there was only one copy I could not find another one. But the good thing is, if we request the UCD book store, they will order the book for us. I had to wait two weeks before I received this book. But, it was surely worth waiting.


I love this book. The instructions are easy to follow. Size of the dolls are perfect. Small amount of yarn is sufficient to make these dolls and all the dolls can be knitted quite fast. With in two or three days you can finish one fairy tale. Also each Fairy Tale comes with the story. I have already made, 'The Three Little Pig's', ' Little Red Riding Hood' and presently making 'Rapunzel'. There are many other enchanting fairy tales like,


Look at the beautiful colors! I am in love with yarn. There are so many beautiful colors, which make this world beautiful!

If anyone out there looking for a Fairy Tale book. I recommend this book.

I hope this is helpful, I will soon return with my next Favorite book. 

Until, next time,
Revs!


No comments:

Post a Comment