Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lil piggy off to school....

So this cute piggy was my first crochet project . I crocheted him may be a year ago. I learnt to knit may be 4 years back but I could not crochet. I had a friend who could crochet very well and she taught herself how to crochet thanks to the online tutorials. She tried teaching me as well, we use to do a lot crafts together and that was fun. She taught me how to sew, but she was not successful to teach me how to crochet, I can't blame her :). Anyway one day she had to go back to India and so our craft activities came to an end :( . But I always wanted to learn how to crochet.

One day I was telling my mom on the phone that I don't know how to crochet and that's very bad because my mom use to crochet when I was a kid. She use to make clothes for my doll. But I never learnt from her either. So she just motivated me by telling that When I can knit I can crochet as well. She said just take some yarn and a crochet hook and try for some time and you will get it and that's what I did exactly. I just sat on my couch took some yarn and a crochet hook and learnt some basic crochet stitches and I was very happy. I discovered that with just single crochet you can make so many things. Amigurumi is just excellent and fun, it's easy and fast to make. I Found a cute and easy pattern online and in few hours little piggy was ready just like that... I have to really thank my mom for this :)
And after this no looking back, I have crocheted many cute things and hope to continue for ever...
I love his bag and his face. Adding a button for his nose was such a cute idea :) . Overall I just enjoy making dolls :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment