Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mrs. Flora and her home

I recently knitted a tiny topsy-turvy doll from jeangreenhowe 's pattern as usual ,I have no words to describe her work. This is the first time I made this kind of a doll. I love the idea of upside-down dolls. This doll is based on a flower theme...The Buttercup turns into  Daisy  .


I also love the colors she has used , Buttercup's dress is made with gold and Daisy's dress is made with yellow and white. I wish I had a darker yellow shade but unfortunately I did not have....


So after making these wonderful dolls , I have to come up with a story so I came up with this story . I named these  topsy's as Mrs. Flora, and I created a beautiful home for her ,here is the sneak peak of the story..


So let's begin the the detailed story of this lovely family....
Mrs. Flora is a homemaker and a wonderful mother, she always keeps her home neat and tidy. She loves making things for home , she has sewn the curtains herself, she has made beautiful cushions for her home etc....

 She loves spending time in her sun room during the day. She loves flowers and her dresses are always made based on some flowered theme. The living room is connected to the Sun room.  This is the sun room..




She has fancy mushrooms , sun flowers and some flowers in her sun room.Mrs Flora likes to have her afternoon tea here and after she has her tea she waters the plants,while Mrs. Flora is busy with these things baby Tiny likes to sit in the sun room as well and he enjoys playing with his favorite Humpty-Dumpty toy. Mrs. Flora has knitted this toy herself for the baby...Today Mrs. Flora has dressed like a butter cup.
This evening her husband is taking her out to some fancy restaurant and she has already planned what is will be wearing ....



She has decided to wear her white and yellow gown and look like a daisy , she is also wearing daisy flowers and she looks beautiful , the husband is quite delighted by her looks :)


While Mum and Dad are having a nice time in some fancy restaurant , grandma is watching the baby. Grandma enjoys spending time with Tiny , and Tiny loves grandma's  company as well :) 


The grandma and the husband has already appeared in 'The little red riding hood ' story. I used the same dolls for this story . The patterns are for Fiona Goble's Fairytale knits. I bought tiny from Target for $3. Humpty-Dumpty toy is knitted from jeangreenhowe ' s book. The flowerpot and the flower is crocheted. The green chair in the Sun-room is made out of a cardboard gift box and Popsicle sticks. I used a decorative paper to cover the cardboard box. The cushion is made out of felt . I found those decorative mushrooms from a book store I have stuck them on a cardboard .

The couch in the living room is made with the felt and fabric. I first made two rectangles  out of felt , then stuffed them with the poly fill then I covered the cushions with the fabric . 

I made the fireplace with the cardboard gift box, covered it with a decorative paper which looks like bricks. The brass bucket next to the fireplace was purchased from an antique store. The logs inside the brass bucket are just the match sticks. The fire inside the fireplace is made out of yellow and orange felt.The floor is also just a decorative paper which looks like wood. 
With the cardboard gift box lids I made the window and the television ( I hope it looks like a TV :) ) . On the TV screen I just stuck two cartoon pictures and made it look like a Disney channel. 

The curtains and the carpet are made from the paper doilies . I have just used a folder for the walls...

I had a great time creating this lovely family room. It took me a while to make all these but it's totally worth it . When I have spent a lot of time knitting these dolls creating a proper background is very important. I am not a very good photographer but i believe that there is always room for improvement. The best part is this is very portable. After playing with these I can just close the folder and place the folder in the bookshelf till I need it for the next time...

Now i guess its time to end this post and to say thanks for those of you who stopped by to read my blog. Hope to come up with a new story soon till then good bye :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment