Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's me time........

I think finally I knitted a doll to which I can relate myself with. My favorite pastime is working with yarn either knitting or crocheting. Here is my friend Siv who loves to knit ....

This doll is designed by Arne and Carlos . Arne Nerjordet and Carlos Zachrison , Norwegian and Swedish , respectively, established Arne and Carlos a clothing deign company in 2002. They create original and visually striking traditional Scandinavian knitwear and accessories. They are the authors of the international bestseller 55 Christmas balls to knit....
Now they aspired to bring a little fun to people who love to knit dolls by designing a fantastic collection of knitted dolls as well as instructions for creating a charming knitted wardrobe for them. Based on the dolls they used during their career in the fashion design industries ( they would design clothing in miniatures before transforming it into " human " sizes ) .

When ever I find male designers in field of knitting or crocheting I feel very happy and glad that males are taking interest and enjoying knitting and crocheting . I am from india and i have not seen men knitting or crocheting , even though I have seen male tailors who are very popular in India.

Anyway I had great fun knitting this doll. Every time i work from different designers patterns I get to learn different techniques. Here I learnt to use double pointed knitting needles. This entire doll is knitted using a set of double pointed needles ( a set includes five needles ) . When ever some thing small or something is knitted in rounds we use double pointed needles. for eg, socks, hat etc....It was hard for me in the beginning but I got hang of it soon and then I was quite comfortable. Even though the designers have used double pointed needles for the shoes I used regular needles to make the doll's shoes....

The best thing is I learnt how to make knitted eyes and nose, also to make hair in a different way....

If you are someone like me who has played with dolls as a kid and enjoyed dressing your doll this book is perfect since this book also contains instructions about making different and beautiful outfits for different seasons and I love the Scandinavian designs in this book.

You can see her dress in close up when she is standing I love the way the dress fits her.i have done some flower embroidery for the bottom edge of her dress. I have embellished her shoes with buttons. I have made earring for her. I made the beads with polymer clay and I added the ear wires to the beads.
Back side I have added buttons for the opening.....I also like the slim look of this doll.
Lastly I knitted an underwear this pattern is not in the book. I found the underwear pattern online, I altered the 18 inches American doll underwear to fit this doll. And finally I made my handmade label to the dolls dress and the doll to personalize this doll since this will go to one of my friends as gift. I feel the chair that is is sitting on is perfect for her, I bought the chair from target. I was looking for a wooden rocking chair but unfortunately could not find any where....

I really had fun knitting and make over of this doll and also learnt many new techniques.
Lastly who ever stops by to visit by blog thanks a lot and I hope you find my blog interesting...I apologize since the photos are not in order I wanted to place the pictures below the appropriate paragraphs but somehow my iPad is not allowing that even though I could do this with some of my previous posts... That's frustrating grr.....













No comments:

Post a Comment