Sunday, May 5, 2013

Little Red Riding Hood...

Little Red Riding Hood is wrapped up tightly in her brand new , knitted wool coat, now she is ready to go over the river and through the woods with the basket of food to her ailing grandmother.....Grandmother enjoys her life in her little home in the woods. And about the wolf I have already written in my previous Blog " The three little pigs " . He may be knitted in a gorgeous gray yarn , but this wolf is one tricky and deceitful creature. Even though the wood cutter is not there in the book I made changes to one of the male dolls Fiona Goble has created in her book and gave him some Personality by giving him a leather hat and a crocheted shovel , I did not have an ax so I tried to show this shovel as an Ax for the effect. I also made glasses for the grandmother , to just give that old age effect.... The house is crocheted which I made long time back and of course i added some extra little things like chair, and some furnitures to give a home feeling.... I really had a wonderful time making these dolls and I really felt like I was a director and these dolls were my actors .....it was really fun to enact all the scenes with these dolls from Fiona Gobles fairy tale knits.....

















2 comments:

  1. HI! Was fun going through your fairy tales :) Your imagination has no limits! Really nice work, and must say I envy you a little! I cant knit that well to knit ami doll ;(
    Like I wrote to you, back at my blog...for any assistance you might need in the future, do not hesitate to ask. Will add you on G+ as well.
    Thank you for sharing Tales with us, and your knited ami dolls. Best of luck with blogging and amigurumi in the future!
    AmigurumiBB ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi amigurami bib,,
    I am so glad that you wrote to me. I am sorry I did not see this comment before. Thanks for doing me on G+. I will surely ask your assistance. You don't have to feel to bad. You are designing your own project. I am not at tat level yet.thanks for stopping by..

    Revathi...

    ReplyDelete