Saturday, August 3, 2013

Balsa wood dining table and chairs.

This post is about the dining tables and chairs I created for the seven dwarfs. They are made outa balsa wood and then painted using acrylic paint. I just cut the wood in a rectangular shape for the table and constructed the walls using a thin strip of balsa wood. You can also use Popsicle sticks to make the walls around the table if you like. I wanted a longer table and the Popsicle sticks were not right for my table. For the legs you can use skewers , chopsticks or even balsa wood. I have just stuck all the pieces together using the wood glue. I really had a hard time sticking them together. I used some wood glue called Titebond which I bought from Ace. It took me three days to complete this set.
For the chairs again I have used five pieces of rectangle for each chair to form a chair shape. To paint you can use nail polish if you don't have acrylic paint. Nail polish does not give a solid thickness like acrylic paint , but still nail polish works well. 
Balsa wood is very inexpensive and they are very light. Each piece of wood will be less than $3 and I needed three long pieces of wood to make this dining table set. A box of  Acrylic paint of 12 colors is just $8.99. These things can be purchased in any craft store or book stores. Ace Carries balsa wood and wood glue. Wood glue was around $7 .

       
     Hope to make bedding for the dwarfs next.  Until next time good bye......

1 comment:

  1. Nicest information!!! I'll be enchanted to greatly help due to what I've learnt from here.
    crp adirondack chairs

    ReplyDelete