Monday, February 10, 2014

Bobby.



Greetings friends,

My adventure in designing dolls continues again and the result is this boy called "Bobby". He is my second creation.

It was a great experience again. This is the first time I knitted a boy doll. I tried my best to make him look  like a boy. After designing two dolls I realized that the toughest part is to make the face and the hair. I only know one or two ways to make hair and facial features, I should now think of different ways. People have already tried and tested different ways I can only try to improvise on what others have done I guess. I have no idea how I am going to think different ways but I should give it a try if my dolls have to look different.

When I designed 'Miss Polka Dot' I did not jot down the pattern as and when I tried the doll, as a result I forgot the gauge for this doll and ' Bobby' became slightly bigger than the other doll. But I am still quite happy with the results. 


It also took a long time to design his dungarees. I tried three times and finally I achieved something but it's not up-to the mark yet. After I sewed the overalls onto the doll the finishing is not quite good. This time I also made it a point to jot down the pattern as and when I made the doll. The pattern is not in order but I have the complete pattern I guess. 
I realized how tricky it is to write the pattern. I really admire the great designers like Jeangreenhowe. All her patterns come with  so much details, and all her patterns are so well written. 
I felt that his overalls require some design, I did not want to embroider anything since I am not good at it, so I decided to glue some design. Fortunately I had some cute ribbons that I had purchased from Michael's few days ago and puppy suites well for a boy. The color of the ribbon also matched the overalls.

The picture background is inspired by this illustration  of 'Mabel Lucie Attwell '. I love all her illustrations.



The inspiration to make these dolls will be revealed in my next blog. I will next be designing another girl doll and I hope it will come out well. 

So see you soon with my next doll ;)

Till then,
You stay classy craft world !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment