Monday, April 28, 2014

Guddu, The Elephant.


Greetings!

I started three projects simultaneously, knitting, sewing and cardboard doll house. I completed sewing first. This elephant is completely hand sewn, I did not use sewing machine at all. 



The pattern is from the book called 'Tilda's studio' by Tone Finnanger. I like her books. Presently I own three of her books. I once made a ballerina, from her book 'Fairy tale wonderland' after that I did not make anything, but recently I added two of her other books into my collection. So now again I am inspired to sew dolls.



Three days ago I went to JO-ANNS and bought some fabric :). Always colorful fabric inspire me. I love these one yard fabric bundles that they sell at  JO-ANNS. For this elephant I used some left over fabric I had purchased last time. For the skin I used felt. Even though I am not very good at sewing, I surely had lot of fun sewing this doll and I have made up my mind to sew more and improve my sewing skill. My next goal is, to learn how to make Waldorf style dolls. 


Right now my hands are full with other two projects which are in progress and also I am reading a novel called 'Family Matters' by Rohinton Mistry. Today I even cleaned the closet where I keep all my craft supplies, fabric, yarn etc. It took me an entire day to clean but now I feel relaxed. But it will soon be time to clean again :)


You all have a crafty day!
Revs!

No comments:

Post a Comment