Monday, May 29, 2017

Bedtime Elephant.

Greetings,

From past two weeks, in my break time at work, I was knitting this Bedtime Elephant, from Jeangreen Howe's book 'Knitted Animals'. I completed it this weekend.
Ever since I read the announcement on Jean's website that she has retired at the age of 83, and there won't be anymore Jeangreen Howe's designs, I am quite upset. I just thought of knitting some of her designs. I am lucky that I can knit and I am lucky to have discovered Jeangreen Howe's designs. I am quite honored to knit and sew her dolls.
I just thought of mentioning this nursery rhyme:
MIDNIGHT FUN
Just as Midnight's striking,
When everyone's asleep,
Elephants yawn and stretch and shake,
And out of warm beds creep.

They sneak out from their houses,
And gather in the dark,
Then skip along the empty streets,
Heading for the park.....  (Continues)

Sometimes, I feel that I should have remained a child!
I enjoyed knitting this little guy. During my busy work schedule, taking some time out to knit or read or draw is quite relaxing...
Will be back with my next project.
Until then....
Revs!

No comments:

Post a Comment