Friday, September 20, 2013

The Bunny Family.



Once when I logged into the jean green Howe website to look for the knitting booklets and when I saw this beautiful family and the way jean has set up the background I could not resist, I wanted to buy this book  called 'Toy collection ' . I fell in love with this beautiful family and wanted to make this just the way it is in the book. This is the original picture from the book.

      

 At least I tried to ape jean as much as possible. And this is my work , I cannot at any cost beat the original but I tried :) 

    

The background was made few days back with a folder and this background has appeared in Mrs. Flora and her house. I have written in detail about the living room project in my blog post Mrs. Flora and her house. The futon on which daddy bunny is sleeping was also made when I created the living room. Below is the picture on which daddy bunny is relaxing.
      

The mummy bunny is busy making a pattern for her new dress. 
I used an empty honey bottle for the mannequin . The measuring tape is made out of the ribbon and used a fabric marker to mark the numbers. An empty dish washing liquid bottle might have been quite suitable for a mannequin , but unfortunately I did not have an empty bottle. I just threw some simplicity  pattern that i have on the floor and also a pair of  scissors and some ball pins. The floor is a decorative paper which resembles a wooden floor. The trunk which consists of fabric is a wooden box that one of my friends had gifted me long ago. 
I had a miniature version of Bhagavathgeetha a holy book for Hindus which is made to look like a novel that daddy bunny was reading and now he is just relaxing . 
The little bunny is playing with her tiny tea set and she is offering some tea to daddy bunny. 
Over all I had a great time working on this project. I love jean and her work. She is my role model and love to become like her one day. I wish I had her brains but I am happy that at least I can work on the patterns that she has created.....
I would love to redo this scene if I can find a better way to do this scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment