Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Miniature storybooks.

Miniature story books  tutorial .

Few days back I had been to dollar market ,which is similar to dollar tree where every thing is a dollar ,but the deference is this shop is owned by an individual and this is not a chain.  
Some pretty greeting cards caught my attention. They had some beautiful animal cartons on them. I always get fascinated  when animals have human characters .when I was a kid there was a greeting card store near my house in India and my best friend and I use to visit that store regularly and use to buy many miniature sized cartoon greeting cards. I had collected many greeting cards but unfortunately I lost all of them. I hope at least my friend is having hers  still.  I was meaning to make a few miniature books for my doll house, also my dolls need different things for the background while I am taking their pictures. So creative juices started flowing in my brains as soon as I saw these cards. 
These books are quite simple to make and nothing hi-fi . I was in a mood to make a tutorial and I hope this tutorial will be helpful for those of you who wants to make some books for your dolls. This is how they look :) 


Lets get started with the tutorial . 

Materials:
Greeting cards with cartoons 
Folder or thick papers or cardboard pieces.
Glue
Scissors 
Pencil and a ruler .

Instructions :

1 . Select the  greeting cards and cut them to the size that you want. If the picture on the card is horizontal the book will be wide , if the picture on the card is vertical the book will be long. Make sure that the picture is in the middle and there is at least three fourth inch margin on all four sides. Also make sure that you cut the greeting card holding the front and back of the card together , it should open like a book. The pages that we put inside the book should be slightly shorter in length and breadth compare to the wrapper on the outside. So while cutting the folder  make sure the pages are slightly smaller than the outside wrapper. 


2. Now take folder and mark folder to the size of the greeting card. Cut the folder also with front and back together , the folder should also open like a book. If you are using thick papers or cardboard piece fold them in to half.  Cut three pieces of folders. Open up the first folder and apply some glue in the middle of the folder put second folder on top of the first and apply some glue to this folder and glue the third piece .  Make two more bundles like this. If you need a thicker book you can add as many bundles as you want. 



3 . Open the greeting card and apply a thick layer of glue in the middle and stick the folder bundles that you have made. Make sure that the pages inside are slightly shorter than the wrapper.  

4 . Fold the book and keep a heavy weight on the book till the pages inside stick well. You can also use  some printed papers inside instead of just plain pages. 



 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial ... Have fun :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment