Saturday, October 26, 2013

Grandpa and grandma Humpty Dumpty .

Greeting friends,

Well everybody in this world might have dreamt of growing old with their loved ones. Actually this thought never passed across my mind so seriously until I saw this beautiful couple on jeangreenhowe's website. That very moment I decided to buy this book  'The toy collection ' and knit this gorgeous couple and dedicate these dolls for our old age , and for our togetherness. I saw this couple and thought how wonderful it will be grow old like this together . This is the first time I realized how even just dolls can give us such beautiful thoughts . Anyway these dolls are again Jeangreenhowe's creation. I surely admire and appreciate her. I don't know who would have thought of knitting something like this.
   
 
Every time I knit a doll from her book I learn something new. I loved the way grandpa's and grandma's  spectacles are made. I also love grandma's cherry hat and her knitting needles. I love the way their scarfs are made. I can not forget to mention about grandpa's mustache . It gives a wonderful look to grandpa's face. 
Since the time I have made these dolls I cannot take my eyes of them. 

I also tried to create some background for this picture. The house is a portable cardboard doll house that I bought from the dollar tree. As I said dollar tree can surprise me with some amazing things that they have for just a dollar. Inside the house has some nice colorful pictures. This is defiantly worth buying. I bought this house long time back and wanted to use this to create a background and I finally got a chance to use it. This is how it looks from inside.


I just cut some branches from the tree to give a garden effect. I also picked some stones from outside and I dropped some dried leaves and twigs here and there on the floor. The wooden floor is just a thick decorative paper. The chair behind grandpa was purchased from a thrift store in Davis. The potted plant next to the house and the watering can and the shovel is crocheted. I try to give a feeling that the house is quite far from the garden so that even though the house is looking smaller than the Grandpa and Grandma it will still make sense , since from far the objects look smaller than their original size. 


Just like this background that I have created I want this scene to happen in my life when my husband and I are old. A small beautiful cottage, beautiful garden where I can knit and my husband can do some gardening or both of us can do some gardening , read a novel in our garden or sit together in front of a fire place in our living room , oh ! Just writing these words itself is making me quite happy. 

Overall I had a lot of fun making these dolls. Everybody is not lucky to grow old together but these two are quite lucky :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment