Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's winter time.

Winter is here finally !
After five years I finally was able to see the snow last week. I always wanted to see white Christmas and I hope it snows again on christmas. Four days ago we had a freezing temperature in Dallas, we had freezing rain whole night and by morning there was snow every where, it was very cold and icicles on the railings and the branches had frozen, there was ice on the ground, the roofs of the houses and the cars were covered with snow the sight was just beautiful. I took some pictures , I could not take too many since it was very very cold to go out. 





The ice had taken shape of the leaf and my husband found this and brought this for me , I felt this was beautiful and preserving it in my freezer :)


But it was very difficult and risky to walk on the snow. I went to the store just opposite to my apartment to get some milk and I kept slipping on the ice and luckily did not fall and fortunately my husbands university was closed for three days, busses were cancelled , whole city was closed because of the weather. There was no power in some areas for two days , luckily we had power otherwise I wouldn't have been able to cook, since the stove is electric, there wouldn't have been hot water or heater everything would have Come  to a stand still. I  have to do some grocery shopping and I am not sure when I will be able to get out , I hope I will not run out of things at home . Davis use to get chilly but this is the first time I experienced the freezing temperature and snow. Since i come from southern India there is absolutely no chance of snow there . I was quite happy to see the snow. The snow was not that severe like Denver or Newyork  etc but it was quite wonderful to watch the snow. Today ice is slowly melting, big chunks of ice are falling from the roof of some houses and buildings, but there is till some ice and the roads are still slippery. I haven't seen the Sun from almost five days.  For tonight's dinner I will be making paneer chilli and chapathis which is appropriate for this weather .  my husband had to go to work today but I am sitting under an electric blanket feeling warm and cozy :) 

With all these nice feeling there is a sad feeling as well. Two weeks ago my cat Gary passed away. He was just eight months old which is heart breaking. He was a very charming and handsome cat weighing 11 pounds. He was suffering with sever urinary tract infection. My husband and I took him to the vet , he was given some antibiotic and narcotic shots and some pills, when his condition worsened we had to take him to the emergency clinic and the doctor there told us that nothing much can be done. We had to euthanize him and put him to sleep. It was quite painful to watch him.  I truly miss him now when he is not around. Maggie is missing him even more. Sitting on the window sill and staring outside was his favorite pass time .


In the second picture Gary and my other cat Maggie are together . 



 I hope Gary will RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment