Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More miniatures, more fun....

Greetings,

In my last post I had mentioned about my miniature shopping. Shopping continued even this week. Yesterday I was again in downtown for some work and had a chance  to go to 'Toy Maven'. I was quite delighted to visit this store again. They have a wonderful collection of toys and some of them were quite new to my eyes. I have not seen those dolls before. I saw a wooden doll house family and they were all very very cute. I want to collect them sometime in future.

Yesterday I bought my favorite 'Calico Critters'  deluxe living room set and kitchen set. When it comes to doll house, kitchen is my favorite. Since I was a child, kitchen set and tea sets fascinate me. This is quite a nice set.
 
What ever you see in this picture are included except the dolls. This includes: round table, 2 chairs, oven range, countertop with sink, Hutch, sticker sheet for the tile design, 2 bowls, 2 cups, 2 carrots, 2 potatoes, bread basket, 2 potted plants, flour jar, 2 dinner plates, teapot, cooking pot, 2 chopping boards, 2 tea bag containers, salt and pepper shakers, sugar bowl, oven mit, spatula, bread knife, 3 vegetable baskets, large baking tray and biscuit baking sheet, with three biscuits. Phew! Everything you need for the kitchen. As you see in the picture, the oven door can be opened, the doors of the counter and the draws on the dresser can also be opened. 

The silk cat family is enjoying a nice Sunday morning breakfast. While daddy is serving tea and breakfast to the kids, mummy is busy baking delicious cookies.

 From two days, it's quite cloudy. Cloud not take very good pictures, I do apologize for these nasty pictures. May be this picture below might give a clear idea about the kitchen.


After a nice breakfast, how nice it is to enjoy rest of the day, in a cozy living room, drinking several cups of coffee in front of the fire place. The living room set is quite beautiful as well. The main purpose of buying this set is for the sake of the fire place and the telephone.

Deluxe living room set includes: light up fireplace, telephone stand and small storage space, soft cushioned couch, 2 cushioned arm chairs, elegant rotary dial telephone, 2 lace table runners, table, fireplace rack with two tools, portrait picture farme, clock, tangle picture frame, cake box, gift box, magazine storage case, 2 news papers, TV guide, pizza menu, cook book, decorating book, coffee maker, 2 glasses, 2 coffee jars, 2 spoons, candy dish, wall sconce, 2 coffee cups, 2 plates and 5 fire logs.



To light up the fir place battery has to be installed. I have not installed a battery yet, so the fireplace is not lit. I have also not shown the picture portrait and the wall sconce. Since they have a sticker behind them, I wanted to preserve the sticky ness as I don't have a permanent doll house yet.

Mummy is lighting up the fire place, daddy is relaxing with a cup of coffee and a news paper. While the sister is busy on the phone, the brother is all ready to order pizza for lunch. Baby sister is left all alone with her feeding bottle. I just love this cozy living room. Coffee maker is set up on the table, there are two jars of coffee, looks like this Silk cat family will have a wonderful Sunday.

I bought this beautiful 'Silk cat family' few months ago. As I said before, I want to collect them all. There are many cute animal families to choose from and lovely furniture sets. If you are a miniature collector I strongly recommend 'Calico Critters'. They also come in a nice pacage.

As of now I don't have tiny knitted dolls appropriate for a doll house. I am planning to design some miniature dolls in future, hope I will be successful. Right now I am designing few characters from a storybook which will be reveled soon.

Till then,
You stay classy, craft world!

No comments:

Post a Comment