Friday, March 28, 2014

Good Thursday!



Hello crafters, Good Friday comes once a year but for me yesterday was a good Thursday. My hubby dear was out of town on a conference and so I decided to go downtown to have some fun. 

Firstly I was  meaning to visit a miniature shop from quite a long time. Since the time I started the doll house hobby I always wanted to visit a miniature store and see how small things look. When ever I see the pictures in a doll house book it is hard to make out the actual size of those miniatures,yesterday my dream came true. When I was looking online for a miniature shop in my area a certain shop called ' Through the key hole' came up. I called the shop to confirm the address and came to know that the shop will be closed permanently and tomorrow is the last day. But the good thing was everything 75% off :), I felt sad and happy. Sad because the shop owner told me that she owned this business for 40 years, and now she is out of business. I was happy because finally I got to visit a miniature store. 

There is a long list of items to show and I request my readers to bear with me. Firstly I would like to talk about my favorite thing since I was a kid, 'Tea sets'. Even as a kid I use to love tea sets among all other toys I had. I bought some and broke some and finally there is one blue and white tea set which is intact and is well preserved at my parents house. I always wanted to buy a tiny blue and white china and yesterday I bought many. This picture below shows the glimpse of all the tea sets I purchased.



This particular tea set with a leave tray is perfect for a fairy garden. In this spring I am planning to make a fairy garden, I did not expect to find this particular tea set yesterday, I was lucky to find this one.



This is my favorite among all, but unfortunately this is not a complete set. I could not find the cup and saucers for this set.


This is the tiniest among all that I purchased.


This set is complete, it also came with a tray.


This set again is incomplete. I could not find rest of the missing pieces from this set. As you may see the plates are chipped off slightly. Nothing that I have bought looks new, that means they might even be 40 years old,so this makes an antique collection. 

This tea set is perfect for a doll house Christmas. Looks very festive.

Always a table full of food gives an excellent look to a doll house. These are some of the things I could find when it comes to food.


Animals with clothes always fascinates me. I was happy to find 'Three little pigs'.


I was also happy to find these tiny books and news paper.


Again this is a great find for a fairy garden or even for a regular garden. That wooden watering can is my favorite.


I was glad to find this porcelain sink. I love the details on this piece. This is perfect for a country cottage dining room.


I love bamboo baskets. Now may be my basket collection is complete. I have smallest to biggest in my collection now. That sewing basket is an excellent idea. 

I love the size of this tiny baby and the rocking chair, they are less than half inch.


Finally, I am in love with this beautiful doll. Perfect for a doll house. She does belong well to the family of the paper dolls that I made recently. 

Well, after all these findings, I could still not find some things like lamps, candelabra, wine glasses, wine bottles etc. May be next time I get to visit another miniature store.

After all these I visited another shop called ' Toy maven'. It's a huge store with all kinds of toys ,games, puzzles and much more. I saw the complete collection of 'Calico -Critters '. I love all their pretty animal families with those beautiful clothes. I already have 'Silk cat family'
As it says on the packet I want to collect them all. I loved this living room set,the dolls have to be purchased separately.flower vase is the best thing about this living room.


Isn't she cute? I love the tiny feeding bottle. 


This completes my doll shopping. 

Later I made a quick visit to a half price book shop and found this doll book. 

There was a book sale at the library and found these cute picture books, including all time favorite, Disney's 'Bambi' and 'The lady and the Tramp'. I am quite curious to read that Russian fairy tales.


That's all folks! And now you know why I had a good Thursday.

Thanks for your patience.

You all have a wonderful weekend! 






No comments:

Post a Comment