Thursday, September 5, 2013

Estate sale

Greetings,

I just recently went to an estate sale. I have never attended an estate sale before. Since I have moved to a different place and I did not carry any of my furniture I thought of going to this sale so that I could buy some furniture or anything of that sort. When I went there everything was way outta my league. Antique looking furniture which was in a very good condition and way too expensive. A ten chairs dining table for $7000 may be I can never afford that :) but it was a good experience indeed. Where ever I see antiques my eyes will always be searching for miniatures and for dolls . At last there was something which I could afford . A crystal birthday cake on a brass tray and a porcelain music box. Both were priced at $3 each but , there was 50% off :) so ended up paying $3 including both. This was indeed a great deal. 

    

      

                    
   I will surely go to one of these sales again next time to enjoy this experience again .

Talking of antiques, I had bought some brass miniature utensils few months back in Davis from an antique store, which I wanted to share from a long time but kept forgetting. Finally sharing the picture of these beautiful utensils. 

     
  An ice bucket consists on tiny ice crystals inside the bucket. A kettle , pot, pan and spoon, fork and spatulas . I really miss Davis, I love going to goodwill stores, thrift stores and antique stores and I have never seen one so far here in Dallas .  




No comments:

Post a Comment