Saturday, August 13, 2016

First day of the knitting class.

Greetings!

I got an opportunity to teach knitting to small children! I will teach some kids how to knit all the Sunday's of this month. We just finished our first knitting class here at Madagascar Kids (a Montessori). We only had two kids for our first class. Adithi (10 years) and Sanjana (8 years). It was quite challenging and fun to teach these small children. Thanks, to my cousin who organized this session. 


Adithi and Sanjana learnt how to cast on pretty easily. Here is the picture I took after they finished casting on.


Teaching how to knit, became even more challenging. Adithi, learnt how to knit, fairly quickly but it was slightly complicated for the 8 year old Sanajana. But, she managed to knit a row.

Adithi is all smiling in the below picture when she finished here first row


Sanjana is happy too, but quite exhausted after she managed to knit a few stitches.


Over all, it was a great experience to teach these kids. I told them to practice at home and knit a few rows. My fingers are crossed. Hope they have practiced at home. In my next class I will be teaching them how to purl. 
More update on this after my next class.
Until then,
Happy crafting!

Revs!





No comments:

Post a Comment