Saturday, October 29, 2016

Diwali at work.

Greetings,
We had Diwali celebrations at work and I took an initiative to make the rangoli and also I was in the decorations team and helped the team in decorating our floor. The best decorated team was going to get an award. My friend and I were really hopeful of getting the award but unfortunately the sixth floor people won the award, although the judge did announce that the ground floor decorations were awesome! We belong to ground floor.
Even though, we didn't win any awards, all the ladies had a lot of fun in decorating, creating rangoli etc. I don't want men to be left out, some guys really helped us with the decorations and shopping!
Here are some of the pictures of the rangoli.... I did not want to create a traditional rangoli, so I selected this unique design, a boy and a girl in festive Indian costume giving Diwali wishes.


This is my new saree that my mother gave for Diwali, I was quite exited to wear it!
My friend Amritha worked quite hard with me, here is the picture of us together.
My other co-workers helped me as well. Thanks to Poonam and Devi!
Overall, it was quite fun! We are not allowed to take pictures inside the production floor, so no pictures of the decorations of our floor :(
I wanted to make a Diwali themed Dolls, so, I came up with this idea. A little girl celebrating Diwali with her Mum and Dad and whole family dressed in a traditional and festive Indian outfits!

Our HR department announced about this competition only three days before and I only had two days to finish these dolls. With my busy schedule, I was still able to finish these dolls! Overall this Diwali event was quite fun and festive!
Last but not the least, Happy and prosperous Diwali to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment