Sunday, July 20, 2014

Behind the scenes of 'The Victorian Kitchen'.

Greetings friends,

Lot of efforts and time goes into a completion of a project. It can be a movie, buildings, or even a simple doll making. I always enjoy watching behind the scenes of a movie. So today I just thought of posting behind the scenes of the Victorian kitchen that I am workig on right now :). I can say I have finished fifty percent of the work but, the idea of taking the pictures of unfinished stuff flashed only now :). So no unfinished pictures for the rest of the things that's already done. Before I show what I was working on today you can take a look at this 6 place setting china, which is the part of 'The Victorian Kitchen'. It consists of dinner plates, salad plates, cutlery, serving bowl and serving plates, soup bowls and a tea pot and cup and scuacers.


Everything is made out of modeling clay and then painted with acrylic paint and gold metallic paint.

So now I will show my work space. I don't really have a work space since my husband and I live in a one bed room apartment. So there is no spare room for my crafts. I just work in my living room and use this coffee table to work with. I like to work in my living room whether I am knitting or doing any other crafts.


Today I was working on a large sturdy butler sink, that's what is shown in the above picture. I am making this Victorian Kitchen from Vivienne Bloutan's 'Doll house Decorator'. It's a great book.


Next I made some house maids. I have just finished one in the above picture. Later on I made three of them :)


After I made these they were ready to be baked. 


After baking these I have to finish these dolls. I still have a lot of work ahead in order to finish this kitchen. I had to stop my work here since I had to start making dinner. The work will resume again tomorrow :). I am all excited to see how these house maids will look.
But before I go I also want to show the work in progress picture of the Victorian lady. I have just started knitting, and I have only finished the head. So I have lot of things pending on my work front.


Till I return, you all stay classy craft world!

Rev Burgandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment