Thursday, October 30, 2014

Crochet Marathon....


Greetings!

I suddenly felt an urge to crochet, and since last Tuesday I have been crocheting continuously and these are the things I crocheted ๐Ÿ˜„. I am not very good, when it comes to crocheting but, I want to learn crocheting and sewing.






I enjoyed crocheting these things. The doll is crocheted from this book, it's a good book which has adorable patterns for clothes and accessories.



Leena is a dressable doll, little girls will love this doll. Her coat dress, underwear, shoes, apron everything is removable, and I am planning to make some more clothes for Leena. 
When I was a little girl, my mum had knitted and croched Some dresses for my doll, and I use to have hours of fun dressing and undressing my doll. 

I learnt some new things from this book. The patterns are written in a Uk style and I came to know that there is no term 'single crochet' in UK. They use the term 'Double crochet' instead of single crochet. I did not read the instructions properly, and since I have only crocheted from US patterns, I was not aware of this. I finished the entire doll using double crochet and wondering all the while why can't the same doll be made using just the single crochet ๐Ÿ˜›.

Anyway I guess this information might be useful for those who has never crocheted from a UK pattern before. 


I had a problem understanding the pattern at some point, but I managed it. Also I had to alter the pattern a bit  to suit my doll. Since I used double crochet, my doll became bigger than the doll in the book. Also I did not have small hook, and fine yarn. I used a bigger hook and double knitting yarn, because of this, the stuffing can be seen a bit, but I feel  it doesn't look very bad.

The tea set is crocheted from this book. This is a good book as well, with some cute easy patterns. Great book for a beginner.


Other than these I am working on some Christmas knits. 

Will be back soon with my other dolls. Before I go, if any crochet experts views this post, please feel free to tell me if there are any mistakes.

You all have a great time, crafting๐Ÿ˜œ!

Revs!








No comments:

Post a Comment