Thursday, November 6, 2014

Christmas Morning..

Greetings!

It might be early For some people but, I started making some Christmas dolls. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Love to see all those Christmas decorations, in the Malls and in front of people's houses. Also love to hear those Christmas songs. Every year I visit some shops to see the Christmas dolls, I get inspired and motivated to make more and more Christmas dolls. Not to mention about watching all those Christmas movies, 'Love Actually' and 'Elf' are my all time favorite Christmas movies. Also knitting under a cozy blanket is always fun 😉.

Here is a miniature version of a little Victorian girl unwrapping her Christmas presents, made from the book called 'Making Musical Miniatures' by Jean Greenhowe. Unfortunately these books are out of print but I found this book luckily in my local library.


Jean Greenhowe has written many other books, before she started publishing books of knitted dolls. As usual her creations and ideas are always amazing. I have excluded the musical base. 

Other than the Christmas tree, everything is hand made. The doll's house is made out of cardboard, the doll in the box, is just a tiny bead wrapped with scraps of fabric. The gift parcels are all made out of cardboard, for the wrapping I have used some chocolate wrappers. The girl is wearing pantaloons underneath her dress skirt. The table is made out of a lid of an empty container, which is covered with some scrapes of fabric. I glued on some beads to decorate the Christmas tree. Basically most of the things in this picture are made out of the junk that I have collected.
Like Boxstrolls, I like to convert junk into treasure 😝😜😛.

Now I have to get back to my knitting.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment