Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Victorian Dining room.

Greetings!

After I made 'The Victorian Kitchen', I wanted to make a dining room scene. With the things I already have, I added some more things and made this scene.


 The dining table and chairs, the dresser and small table next to the dresser are all taken from my Victorian kitchen. The china on the dresser, is purchased from a doll house store. Some of the food that are kept on the dining table are already shown in the Victorian Kitchen. The candelabra is made out of beads and the candle is made out of play dough. The fruit stand on the table is made out of beads and the grapes are made from the play dough. Play dough is quite handy to make some quick things at the last minute. The eggs on the dresser and the omletes on the plate, the turkey in an oval plate on the dining table is also a last minute addition, made from the play dough. The yellow fondant cake is knitted. The goblets are made out of beads and the wine bottle is made from polymer clay. The flower vase on the dresser is knitted.  The concertina screen, is made out of cardboard and a decorative paper is added to the screen. The plant stand and the potted plant next to the screen are made out of odds and ends that I found at home. The maid servant is made out of clay and fabric, and the cook is a paper doll. The sizes of the dolls are not even, but I added these dolls in the scene to create some effect.


I made the man sit on the chair but, the lady is not a flexible doll. In this scene I try to make it look as though the lady is trying to give some orders to the maid, before she sits to start her dinner.

I made some knitted food from Jeangreenhowe's website. I used fine yarn and thin needles to get a miniature size, but they did not turnout as good as Jean's knitted food. There was no place on the table so I placed these food on the small table next to the dresser. The knitted food consists of a cheese sandwich with onion slices, sandwich with salmon and tomatoes, half scotch egg, cracker with cheese topped with parsley and a sausage roll. I hope at least they look like food :)........


Well, I did have a wicked time making these things. I am wearing many hats, right now. I am knitting a doll for a gift, crocheting a doll, making some miniature projects, a sewing project left half done and also since the booker prize season has began, I have started a novel called 'The Lives of Others' by Neel Mukherjee. When ever an Indian is on the long list I make sure I read that book.





No comments:

Post a Comment